Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"GLITCHY" DELHI METRO


It was exactly 7:15 a.m. by my watch and I was ready with all my baggage to step out of my home early, the only reason to attend Manash Sir's class on time, sharp at 9.00 a.m. On reaching the metro station I was astonished to see - "43 minutes" remaining for the next metro to come. Delhi's metro train system hit a new low this morning.
All the fellow commuters and of course me, we all were enraged by the metro's failure as each one us were getting late for their respective destinations.
While waiting for the metro, I interacted with few people just to know their vehement views about the metro's glitch. "Once again a technical failure in Delhi's metro. Are we really living in the so-called first world with this type of public transport???? There is no contingent plan, ill information system, laziness of the front-line management and extremely inflexible system. I am just sick of it", said Ajay Singh, lawyer who was getting late for the hearing in the court.
Another passenger, Divya Rao, a student of Delhi University was infuriated as she missed her exam. "Now who would be responsible for my absence in exam. My principal does not even take metro failure an excuse to escape the exam. I am in such a big trouble now", added Rao.
I too missed my class just because of the metro glitch.


Indeed metro has become a lifeline for Delhi-ites and such failures add on to the daily lives of the people. In such cases DMRC should be responsible enough to see that such incidences do not occur  in future, disturbing the regular pattern of the Delhi-ites' lives. .

No comments:

Post a Comment