Tuesday, April 26, 2011

DILLI KI GARMI


Everyone remembers the item number by Amrita Arora swinging to the tunes of "Dilli ki Sardi" but that's a thing of past and this post is about the latest block buster “Dilli ki Garmi” and what should I say, I am loving it, yes I am.

If you think I am crazy, I might well be considering the raw heat, which is taking it’s toll on everyone, the mercury is already playing around at 42 - 43 degrees celsius and I am sure it will go further. But the fact is that, it is hot, it will get hotter and you cannot run away from it. The best way out is to beat the heat, and take it on, and love this challenge.


Now take a look at what “Dilli ki Garmi” has to offer you:
Mangoes : ahaa, I know you love them. Who does not? It’s India’s most favored fruit. This is a peak season for eating mangoes and Delhi markets have loads of them to offer, and the best thing is that as the summers peak, the best varieties reveal themselves. Dusseries will come in June, it’s my favorite variety, and I eat it the ‘desi’ way, it adds to the taste.

Water Melon : Even though mango is India’s most favored fruit, mine is this. And this again is a summer special, I can easily substitute my meals for this delicious red fruit. And someone told me it’s a fruit, which is good for health in summers coz of water content, but I simply love the taste, and the seeds are added advantage.


Air Coolers : Well you only use them in summers, unlike Air conditioners. The air cooler acts as a lifeline, in those weekend afternoons. And where does the Air coolers score over Air Conditioners…. the hint of “bhini si khushboo”, which we Indian’s are so fond of and long for especially in cities like Delhi.
 Lassi: Wow the best way to quench your thirst as well as satisfying your taste buds, and add to that the nutritious value of the drink. For me the best part is I can prepare it myself.

Hygiene: Sounds tricky? Let me explain. Well normally in our daily routine we take bath just once in the morning. But the summers make it mandatory to bath twice if not more, which automatically makes us more hygienic. Howazzat!! Well I do it coz I love sitting under the shower, thinking about mangoes and watermelons.

Looks like you already have forgotten the heat of the summer season, as there are so many other things to cherish, and feel good about, some things, which you might not find in any other season. The idea of this post is to send out a message to fellow Delhites and everyone who is facing the ire of nature in form of intense heat. The message is to take the heat in your stride and not get carried away by heat. We can crib about anything, but the fun is in enjoying the challenges thrown at us. So Dilli ki Garmi is a sure shot hit every year and i don't miss it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment